Jane Needham SC
Name: Jane Needham SC
Qualifications: BA, LLB (Hons), Senior Counsel (appointed 2004)
Title: Senior Counsel
Organisation: St James’ Hall
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation
I am a senior counsel practising in equity, trusts, estate law, and inquiries, at the Sydney bar, although I have a national and international practice (having conducted hearings or mediations in all states and mainland territories of Australia, and in Fiji and Samoa) .
I have a busy practice in advice and court work, and often advise in strategy and estate planning as well as conduct complex litigation. My area of expertise is contested estate work. I undertake mediations both as mediator and representing parties in mediations.
I am a former President of the NSW Bar, and former Deputy President of the NSWADT (precursor to NCAT) and have recently (2020) completed the AICD Company Directors' Course. I am recognised as a leading senior counsel in Australia by Doyle’s in the estate and litigation category (and have been recognised consistently by Doyle’s for the past five years).
Conducting mediations is a natural extension of my professional practice; I try to enable parties to deal with both their legal and their personal issues in a creative and non-judgmental way.
Immediation Area(s) of Expertise
- Banking and Finance (Taxation - State)
- Common law and professional regulation (Professional negligence)
- Corporate and commercial (Contracts, Corporations, Directors’ Duties, Partnership, Shareholder remedies, Unconscionable conduct)
- Employment, industrial relations and discrimination (Discrimination, Equal opportunity)
- Government and administrative law (Judicial review and merits review, Public administration and governance, Statutory interpretation)
- Property, construction, environment, oil, gas and mining (Property, Restrictive covenants)
- Wills, estates and charities (Charities, Equity, Family provisions, Guardianship, Trusts, Wills, estates, probate and administration)
Immediation is a holistic legal dispute resolution platform combining multiple processes and apps into one customizable interface. Designed to streamline and simplify the DR process, Immediation offers industry-leading functionality, unmatched specialization, and delivers the judiciary, lawyers and neutral parties the capacity, capability and control to successfully handle complex legal interactions online. Immediation is used by courts, governments, dispute resolution organizations and law firms for local, national, and international matters.
United States: 20700 Ventura Blvd. Ste 210, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Australia: Suite 11, 53 Coppin Street, Richmond, VIC
New Zealand: Level 15/152 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland City 1010