Name: Danielle Huntersmith
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Economics (majoring in Accounting & Economics), Signed Victorian Bar Roll 24 November 1994, Practitioners Certificate in Mediation and Conciliation 1999, Advanced Nationally Accredited Mediator 2008, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Post Graduate Certificate in Family Dispute Resolution, Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Title: Barrister and Mediator
Organisation: Victorian Bar
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation
I am a nationally accredited advanced mediator. I am also an accredited FDRP. I am a barrister at the Victorian Bar and a highly skilled dispute resolver, with over 25 years of experience resolving disputes in many different areas from highly complex, multi-party commercial disputes to disagreements between neighbours, families or members of sporting clubs. As a barrister I understand the adversarial process and the legal perspective. It is this knowledge that drives me to practice exclusively in alternative dispute resolution.
I mediate disputes knowing how stressful, expensive and unsatisfactory the alternative pathways through the courts and tribunals can be. I bring my highly developed skills as a mediator to help parties develop and negotiate their own agreed solutions without the rigid limitations of legal relevance and the narrow range of outcomes possible in a court or tribunal.
I have had years of experience in the following roles:
● Advanced Nationally Accredited Mediator, Victorian Bar
● Panel Member of the Liquor Licensing Panel, Victoria
● Panel Mediator at the Office of the Small Business Commissioner, Victoria
● Panel Mediator at the Office of the Franchising Mediation Advisor
● Panel Mediator for the Horticulture Advisor and Oil Advisor
● Accredited FDRP
● Conciliator at the Financial Ombudsman’s Service
● Deputy Chair, Victorian Bar Dispute Resolution Committee
● Chair of the Victorian Bar Mediators Accreditation Sub-Committee
● Vice Chair, Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia, Victoria Chapter
● Victorian Bar representative on NADRAC (national alternative dispute resolution advisory council)
● Board Member, Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc.
I have a proven and extensive track record of successful mediation outcomes is the result of the care, skill and attention I bring to the table.
Banking and Finance (Consumer credit)
Corporate and commercial (Advertising, Automotive, Consumer credit, Consumer protection, Contracts, Equipment finance, Franchising, Health, Liquor licensing, Misleading advertising, Misleading and deceptive conduct/fraud, Partnership)
Property, construction, environment, oil, gas and mining (Building and construction, Commercial leasing, Franchising, Oil gas and mining, Owners Corporation, Property, Residential leasing, Restrictive covenants, Retail leasing, Town planning)
Wills, estates and charities (Family provisions, Guardianship)