Name: Vanessa Mathews
Qualifications: BCom BSW LLB
Mathews Family Law & Mediation Specialists
Byron Bay Family Law & Mediation Specialists
State: Victoria & NSW
Immediation Practice Area: Family Dispute Resolution and Mediation
I am the founder and managing director of Mathews Family Law & Mediation Specialists (and Byron Bay Family Law & Mediation Specialists) where I specialise in providing the full range of family law dispute resolution services tailored to each client’s individual needs including: shadow legal advice and coaching, lawyer-led negotiation, family dispute resolution, conciliation, mediation, litigation and parenting coordination.
I have the rare but powerful combination of social work qualifications and experience which, combined with more than 20 years’ experience as a lawyer and dispute resolution practitioner, which make my approach to resolving legal relationship issues both sensible and sensitive.
I also have a commerce degree which adds a financially astute aspect to my practice.
I am a fully accredited family law specialist, mediator, family dispute resolution practitioner, conciliator and parenting coordinator.
I have extensive experience in complex issues that arise from relationship breakdown, and work in partnership with my clients, who regularly describe me as empathetic.
I am an active member of the family law profession and a member of the:
- Law Institute of Victoria, Family Law Section
- Law Council of Australia, Family Law Section
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Resolution Institute
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- National Mediation Accreditation System
- Relationships Australia Family Lawyers Panel
- Relationships Australia / Federal Circuit Court ‘Access Resolve’ Mediation Service
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Lawyer FDRP Panel
- Parenting Coordination Victoria
Immediation Areas of Expertise
- Children and Parenting
- Property and Financial Settlements
- Child Support and Child Maintenance
- Spousal Maintenance
- De Facto and Same Sex Relationships
- Financial Agreements
- Asset Protection
- International Family Law
- Family Violence
Immediation is the world’s most secure and specialised digital legal environment for dispute resolution, justice and legal practice. Advanced, integrated tools and a panel of 100+ experts ensure scale, efficiency, access and control.
United States: 20700 Ventura Blvd. Ste 210, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Australia: Suite 11, 53 Coppin Street, Richmond, VIC
New Zealand: Level 15/152 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland City 1010