Name: Philip Argy
Qualifications: B.Com.; LL.B., FACS, FIAMA, MAICD
Title: Arbitrator, Mediator and Expert
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation, Arbitration, Expert Determination
I am an experienced commercial mediator, arbitrator and expert determiner, having successfully resolved many thousands of disputes. I specialise in intellectual property, science, technology, consumer, franchising and competition issues and have an Australian Government Negative Vetting 2 security clearance enabling me to assist in cases involving classified information. I have also been a computer buff for nearly 50 years as well as being an experienced programmer.
I was a member of the Federal Attorney-General's Electronic Commerce Expert Group and a member of the first auDA Names Panel that prepared the domain name eligibility and allocation policy for the .au space. I was also a member of the first auDA Competition Panel and drafted the auDRP - Australia's domain name dispute resolution policy.
● Consulting Principal, Keypoint Law
● Past President, Australian Computer Society
● Past Director/Treasurer, Mediator Standards Board
● Deputy Chairman, Australian Computer Society Foundation
● Chairman and Foundation Fellow, Technology Dispute Centre
● Non-executive Chairman, One Education Foundation Limited
● Inaugural Chairman, auDA Registrants' Review Panel
● Past President/Founding Vice President, NSW Society for Computers and The Law
● Past Chairman, Legal Technology Committee & member, Dispute Resolution Committees, Law Society of New South Wales
● Law Council of Australia - Member, Business Law Section Executive, Past Chairman of eCommerce Committee, Chairman of National Electronic Conveyancing System Committee, member of Competition and Consumer Committee
● BLS Executive liaison with IP and Media & Communications Committee
● Australian Corporate Lawyers' Association
● Resolution Institute - Advanced Mediators' Panel; domain name dispute resolution panelist
I joined Immediation’s panel because online dispute resolution is a most efficient procedure and the Immediation platform is second to none for ease of use and practicality.
Immediation Area(s) of Expertise
● Corporate & Commercial (ACCC, Advertising, Agency, Automotive, Competition law, Consumer credit, Consumer protection, Contracts, Corporations, Directors’ duties, Franchising, Health, Misleading advertising, Misleading and deceptove conduct/fraud, Partnership, Product liability, Unsconscionable conduct)
● Government and Administrative law (Civil liberties, Freedom of Information, Judicial review and merits review, Privacy, Probity, Public administration and governance, Statutory interpretation)
● Intellectual property, Information technology and media (Copyright, Designs, Information Technology, Intellectual property, Media and entertainment, Moral rights, Patents, Plant Breeders’ rights, Procurement, Telecommunications)
● Property (Building & construction, Commercial leasing, Franchising, Property, Restrictive covenants, Retail leasing, Security of payments)
● Wills Estates & Charities (Charities, Equity, Family provisions, Trusts, Wills, estates, probate and administration)
Immediation is a platform built for legal practice, hearings and dispute resolution, with best practice video conferencing fully integrated. It can be used as a stand alone app, or with mediators, arbitrators and legally trained clerks to help matters run smoothly.