Name: Philip Argy
Qualifications: B.Com.; LL.B., FACS, FIAMA, MAICD
Title: Arbitrator, Mediator and Expert
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation, Arbitration, Expert Determination
I am an experienced commercial mediator, arbitrator and expert determiner, having successfully resolved many thousands of disputes. I specialise in intellectual property, science, technology, consumer, franchising and competition issues and have an Australian Government Negative Vetting 2 security clearance enabling me to assist in cases involving classified information. I have also been a computer buff for nearly 50 years as well as being an experienced programmer.
I was a member of the Federal Attorney-General's Electronic Commerce Expert Group and a member of the first auDA Names Panel that prepared the domain name eligibility and allocation policy for the .au space. I was also a member of the first auDA Competition Panel and drafted the auDRP - Australia's domain name dispute resolution policy.
● Consulting Principal, Keypoint Law
● Past President, Australian Computer Society
● Past Director/Treasurer, Mediator Standards Board
● Deputy Chairman, Australian Computer Society Foundation
● Chairman and Foundation Fellow, Technology Dispute Centre
● Non-executive Chairman, One Education Foundation Limited
● Inaugural Chairman, auDA Registrants' Review Panel
● Past President/Founding Vice President, NSW Society for Computers and The Law
● Past Chairman, Legal Technology Committee & member, Dispute Resolution Committees, Law Society of New South Wales
● Law Council of Australia - Member, Business Law Section Executive, Past Chairman of eCommerce Committee, Chairman of National Electronic Conveyancing System Committee, member of Competition and Consumer Committee
● BLS Executive liaison with IP and Media & Communications Committee
● Australian Corporate Lawyers' Association
● Resolution Institute - Advanced Mediators' Panel; domain name dispute resolution panelist
I joined Immediation’s panel because online dispute resolution is a most efficient procedure and the Immediation platform is second to none for ease of use and practicality.
Immediation Area(s) of Expertise
● Corporate & Commercial (ACCC, Advertising, Agency, Automotive, Competition law, Consumer credit, Consumer protection, Contracts, Corporations, Directors’ duties, Franchising, Health, Misleading advertising, Misleading and deceptove conduct/fraud, Partnership, Product liability, Unsconscionable conduct)
● Government and Administrative law (Civil liberties, Freedom of Information, Judicial review and merits review, Privacy, Probity, Public administration and governance, Statutory interpretation)
● Intellectual property, Information technology and media (Copyright, Designs, Information Technology, Intellectual property, Media and entertainment, Moral rights, Patents, Plant Breeders’ rights, Procurement, Telecommunications)
● Property (Building & construction, Commercial leasing, Franchising, Property, Restrictive covenants, Retail leasing, Security of payments)
● Wills Estates & Charities (Charities, Equity, Family provisions, Trusts, Wills, estates, probate and administration)
Immediation is the world’s most secure and specialised digital legal environment for dispute resolution, justice and legal practice. Advanced, integrated tools and a panel of 100+ experts ensure scale, efficiency, access and control.
United States: 20700 Ventura Blvd. Ste 210, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Australia: Suite 11, 53 Coppin Street, Richmond, VIC
New Zealand: Level 15/152 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland City 1010