Name: Martin Scott QC
Qualifications: BA/LLM (Melb), FCiArb
Title: Barrister, Arbitrator and Mediator
Organisation: Owen Dixon Chambers West
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation, Arbitration, Expert Determination
I am a Barrister (QC) at the Victorian Bar. Prior to commencing my career at the Bar in 1992 I was a solicitor and prior to that a merchant banker. My practice predominantly consists of commercial arbitrations (including expedited and international arbitration) in general commercial, maritime and infrastructure disputes with a technical component.
I have been listed in Best Lawyers for International Arbitration, Shipping and Maritime Law, Doyles Guide as a leading arbitration, construction and transport barrister and as a Band 1 shipping lawyer in Chambers' Asia Pacific Guide.
I am a member of the following:
● Chair of the Victorian Bar’s International Arbitration Committee
● Board Member Melbourne Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Centre (MCAMC)
● Board Member Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA)
● Founding member of Melbourne Technology and Construction Chambers
● Member Australian Bar Association Asia Committee
● Member ICC Commission on Arbitration
I am strongly attracted to commercial arbitration because of the flexibility it allows in getting to a decision efficiently and quickly
Banking and Finance (Insurance), Corporate and commercial (Competition law, Contracts, Directors’ duties, Energy resources mining, International law), Property, construction, environment, oil, gas and mining (Building and construction, Oil gas and mining)