Name: Louise Jenkins
Qualifications: Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Arts
Immediation Practice Area: Mediation, Expert Determination
I am a litigation specialist who has worked on a range of commercial disputes for a list of blue-chip clients. My recent matters have focused on project financing and property development, banking, mining and exploration, broadcasting, intellectual property and privatisation of government owned entities. I have worked on a number of claims arising out of foreign exchange loans, misappropriated funds and major corporate collapses.
I also have extensive experience in a variety of insurance work. For some years, I have conducted litigation for London underwriters, which has often involved complex multi-million-dollar claims. I specialise in professional negligence and business interruption claims and policy disputes.
Recent matters have focused on various contractual disputes for major companies, corporate responsibility issues in the Middle East, PNG and Asia, anti-dumping issues and anti-corruption strategies.
● Member, Law Institute of Victoria
● Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
● Member, International Bar Association (2006 - 2014)
● Member, VCAT Executive Committee (inception - 2014)
● Trustee, Law Aid Victoria (1998 - 2008)
● Member, Allens Arthur Robinson Board (2003-2006)
● Member, Audit and Risk Management Committee, Allens Arthur Robinson (2003-2010)
● Chairperson, Audit and Risk Management Committee, Melbourne Grammar School Council (2010-2014)
● Member, Melbourne Grammar School Council (2005-2014)
● Former Member, Victorian Legal Professional Tribunal
What I love most about my role is working with my clients and achieving and delivering an efficient and commercially viable result.
Immediation Area(s) of Expertise
Banking and Finance (Financial regulation, Insurance)
Common law and professional regulation (Professional negligence, Torts)
Corporate and commercial (Contracts, Directors’ duties)
Property, construction, environment, oil, gas and mining (Oil gas and mining)
Wills, estates and charities (Trusts, Wills estates probate and administration)
Immediation is the world’s most secure and specialised digital legal environment for dispute resolution, justice and legal practice. Advanced, integrated tools and a panel of 100+ experts ensure scale, efficiency, access and control.
United States: 20700 Ventura Blvd. Ste 210, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Australia: Suite 11, 53 Coppin Street, Richmond, VIC
New Zealand: Level 15/152 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland City 1010